Our First Annual Honey Bee festival promotes the nurturing and growth of a healthy honey bee and pollinator population through education and a community festival for the whole family!
This event is for beekeepers and non-beekeepers; you are sure to find something you enjoy and learn a lot along the way!
You will find homegrown and locally handcrafted items, food vendors, the OSU Master Gardener Volunteers, children’s entertainment, music entertainment, mini-seminars, and, of course, honey!
Here are some of the programs and entertainment that we will be offering throughout the day:
– Music Performances by Jesse Huge and Hal Walker
– Landscaping for Pollinators with Phyllis Mihalik
– Plants for Pollinators with Christine Pappas
– Electronic Beekeeping with David Schade
– Pollinator Children’s Program with Gale Prunty
– Balloon Magic with Swifty the Clown
– Monarch Butterflies with Tami Gingrich
– Small-Scale Mead Making with Trish Harness
– Honey Extraction with Rich and Jim Princic
– Trips to the Hive
– Beekeeping for Non-Beekeepers
We are selling 50/50 raffle tickets now at 1 for $5.00 or 5 for $20.00.
We wouldn’t be able to make this event a success without the help of our wonderful sponsors!
– His Daughter Shop, Manners Tree Farm, SAFY, JD’s Middlefield Nutrition, Landscape Design & Garden Consulting – Phyllis Mihalik, Bee-Loved Lavendar, Mann Lake, Lilly Beans Sewing – Jacque Gallagher, White House Chocolates, Beekeeper – David Schade, The Hunger Squad, Burton Sheet Metal, D&A Honey Farm – Dave and Anita PatersonVisit The Event Website