Getting that training before you need it will ensure you know what to do and how to do it. The PetSaver Pet First Aid training program gives you hands on training, accompanied by a workbook for future reference. Don’t wait until an emergency occurs. Learn what you need to know ahead of time.
The PetSaver™ Program covers the following topics:
- Restraining & Muzzling: Any pet that is pain or is going to be moved into pain, can and will bite.
- Primary Assessment: In the first 15-25 seconds of you being on the scene you will know what to do and what actions to take.
- Rescue Breathing: The pet patient had a heartbeat but is not breathing
- Canine & Feline CPR: The pet patient has no heart beat and is not breathing.
- Choking Management: Conscious Choking, Unconscious Choking (Witnessed & Found)
- Bleeding & Shock Management: Restraint, Muzzle, Elevation, Direct Pressure, Pressure Points, Immobilization, Shock Management & Transportation.
- Snout-To-Tail Assessment for Injury & Wellness: A deliberate and systematic assessment from the snout to the tail of the pet with intent and purpose looking for any injuries the pet does not present to you or for wellness to create a base-line of your pet’s health.
- Assessing the Pet’s Vitals: If you know what is normal for your pet then you will be able to quickly recognize when your pet is presenting not-normal
- Pet First Aid Kit Contents: Equipment & Supplies for Putting Together Your Own Pet First Aid Kit
- Insect Bites & Stings and Snakebite: Definition, Causes, Signs & Actions For Survival
- Heat & Cold Injuries: Definition, Causes, signs & Actions for Survival
- Seizure: Definition, Causes, Signs & Actions For Survival
- Caring For Your Senior Pet-izen: Senior Pet-izen Care, Signs & Symptoms, Risk Factors & Euthanasia