The Depot is now Closed for the Season.
Watch for details on Middlefield Historical Society’s Festival of Trees coming again in 2020
(this exceptional event is held in even years only)
Check this space for upcoming details on other 2020 events and activities
– – – – – –
The Century Inn, built by James Thompson in 1818, is the oldest known standing structure in Middlefield. The building is now home to Middlefield Historical Society, a non-profit organization dedicated to preserving local history. The old B&O Railroad depot stands at the northeast corner of the same property. The original depot, built in 1874, was later destroyed by fire. Rebuilt in 1910, it now holds The Depot ice cream shoppe featuring an authentic old-fashioned 1920s-era soda fountain serving hand-dipped ice cream treats during June, July and August. The caboose adjacent to the depot is also authentic and formerly plied the local tracks as part of the Baltimore & Ohio trains.